Keto travel snacks are a critical part of staying on a travel keto diet.
You can always pack sliced avocado, vegetables, boiled eggs, travel packages of tuna or cooked meat as keto travel snacks. But those snacks can smell strongly and won’t last forever if you forget about them in your luggage for a week!
You can also get crossways with customs officials if you bring some of those food products across international borders.
So we find that packaged keto travel snacks are the best! Dry packaged snacks are better for travel because wet snacks have to go in your TSA quart sized bag or checked bags. But we carry both.
As you will see, the trick to packaged keto travel snacks is finding ones that don’t have added sugar. But don’t worry: we have some specific suggestions!
We keep as many of these keto travel snacks in the best long-term travel bag in the world as possible.
Our Favorite Keto Travel Snacks – Dry
Dry packaged snacks are best because you can have as much as you want in your carry on bags.
- Quest Keto Snacks – Our favorite brand of keto travel snacks is Quest. Lisa absolutely loves their protein bars. Her favorite flavor is Mint Chocolate Chunk.
- Nuts – Nuts are the ultimate easy-to-find keto travel snack. Keto diet friendly and very filling. Almonds, macadamias, mixed nuts, pine nuts. But our favorite are pistachios even though they make a mess as you shell and eat them!
- Pork Rinds – Pork rinds are a nice crunchy satisfying keto snack. And you can generally find them all over the world. We even found packaged pork rinds in Thailand! Just make sure there is no sugar added. We like Crispy Cuts because they are sugar free and come in a variety of flavors.
- Beef Snack Sticks – Slim Jims and beef jerky often contain a lot of sugar. Avoid that trap! These Mission Meat Sticks are a favorite because they are sugar free, grass-fed and nitrate free!
- Cheese Crisps – Cheese crisps are like potato chips but are made out of just travel keto diet friendly cheese. Again, make sure the cheese crisps you pack don’t have added sugar. Whisps Cheese Crisps are a good example of cheese crisps with no added sugar. I especially like the pepper jack flavor.
- Dark Chocolate – Sometimes you want a sweet keto travel snack. Lots of options there from ChocZero’s Keto Bark to a keto diet friendly chocolate bar made with Stevia or some Lindt 90% chocolate
Our Favorite Keto Travel Snacks – Wet
Wet snacks have to go in your carry on liquid container when you fly…or go in a checked bag. But they can be worth the effort.
- MCT Oil or Coconut Oil – As we describe in our article about Breakfast on A Travel Keto Diet we use travel size MCT oil or travel size coconut oil to make bulletproof coffee or tea for breakfast. They also make a good afternoon snack.
- Keto Nut Butter – Keto nut butter makes an excellent travel snack. Just be sure there is no added sugar! The single serving packets can be especially useful on airplanes, trains or busses!
- Olive Oil – Olive oil is the a travel keto diet essential. It can be used as salad dressing, sauce on meat or veggies. Or, as I often do, you can drink it for a snack! Trust me, it’s delicious AND filling! We always keep travel packets of olive oil handy.
Bottom Line – Keto Travel Snacks
Sticking to a travel keto diet can be a challenge.
But if you hit the road armed with some keto diet friendly snacks your life will be much easier and you can avoid being stuck on a long flight or drive without anything you can eat.
And these snacks are also perfect if you are looking for party keto snacks or late night munchies keto snacks.
- Travel Keto Diet Tips and Keto Diet Hacks
- Our Travel Keto Diet Journey
- Eating at Restaurants on a Travel Keto Diet
- Breakfast on a Travel Keto Diet
- A Travel Keto Kitchen
- Keto Travel Snacks
Inspired? Pin it!