Are you looking for a practical way to make extra money so you can be an early retiree? Or to make money now that you are retired?
Retirement is something most of us dream about. A life where you’re free from the 9 to 5 grind and you can enjoy your time as you wish.
But how do you achieve that dream??
Many of our parents and grandparents retired with pensions that continued to pay them after they retired.
Gen X and Millennials are supposed to scrape by on Social Security and whatever we can manage to put in our 401ks.
So how do we do it? How did we achieve time freedom?
Enter affiliate marketing, a tool that can help you save for retirement AND provide additional income during your retirement.
And possibly even allow you to bid farewell to your day job sooner than you thought.
That’s what we did! We ‘retired’ in our 40s to travel the world full time. And it’s all thanks to affiliate marketing!
Plus, aside from being adaptable and low-risk, the online marketing strategy has little to no startup fees.
The $12 billion affiliate marketing sector offers a practical way to make money to save for or even in retirement.
What is Affiliate Marketing?
Affiliate marketing is a way to earn money by promoting products or services for companies. In essence, you act as a bridge between the seller and the buyer. When someone makes a purchase through your unique link, you earn a commission.
Affiliate marketing has been around since the 1980s. It’s not MLM, it’s not telemarketing. And no, it’s not a get-rich-quick scheme scam where you are supposed to sell stuff to friends and strangers.
It’s just telling the world about products you love and then guiding them to those products with your link.
Now, it does require effort and consistency to make decent money. But it’s something that can be done by anyone anywhere with a phone, a laptop, and wifi.
Check out our article What is Affiliate Marketing – And How Do I Get Started? for a deeper dive into what affiliate marketing is.
Why Consider Affiliate Marketing for Retirement?
There are so many reasons to become a freelance affiliate marketer as you plan for retirement. Here are a few:
- Passive Income: Once you’ve set up your affiliate marketing channels, such as blogs or social media, the income can be passive. This means that even when you’re asleep or on vacation, your content continues to work for you, potentially earning you money.
- Flexible Schedule: Unlike a 9 to 5 job, affiliate marketing allows you to work at your own pace. This flexibility is perfect for retirees who might want to balance work with leisure or for those who want to gradually transition into retirement.
- Low Initial Investment: Unlike starting a brick-and-mortar or an e-commerce business, affiliate marketing requires minimal investment. Most of the costs are associated with setting up a website or advertising. Over time, the return on this small investment can be substantial, especially if you’re consistent and strategic.
How Affiliate Marketing Can Lead to Early Retirement
- Diversified Income: In addition to your primary job, affiliate marketing can be a lucrative side hustle. The extra income can be directed towards retirement savings, allowing you to accumulate wealth faster.
- Potential for Growth: Successful affiliate marketing can sometimes exceed the income from a regular job. That’s what happened for us! And when it does, the dream of early retirement becomes more a reality. Today, affiliate marketing is our primary source of income, allowing us to travel the world full time.
- Residual Earnings: Products or services you’ve promoted in the past can continue to bring in revenue long after you’ve moved on to other projects. This residual income can bolster your retirement funds.
Continuing Income During Retirement – Especially Early Retirement
While some retirees enjoy complete relaxation, early retirees tend to want a source of activity and supplemental income.
Affiliate marketing can be that avenue. Since the online world doesn’t have age barriers, you can continue to earn and remain productive even in your retirement years.
Personally, we never plan to stop traveling and creating additional revenue streams. But it’s comforting to know that if we change our minds – or just want to slow down for a year – we’ll continue to have revenue streams beyond Social Security and our 401ks.
How to Get Started in Affiliate Marketing for $7
So affiliate marketing is a great way to save for retirement, retire early, and/or make money in retirement.
But is affiliate marketing right for YOU?
The best recommendation we can give you is to take the Legendary Marketer 15-day affiliate marketing challenge.
We did and it changed our lives. More about that in this article: Make Money Online as a Freelance Affiliate Marketer
We learned so much about what affiliate marketing is and whether it was something that we could be successful at from that business builder challenge. And for only $7, it’s a tiny investment – less than the price of a Starbucks!
We encourage you to do like we did: invest that $7 and see if you have what it takes to make money from anywhere as a freelance affiliate marketer!
Bottom Line – How to Make Money for Early Retirees
Affiliate marketing presents a unique opportunity for both saving for retirement and earning during retirement.
Whether you’re dreaming of early retirement or simply looking for additional income during your golden years, this method is worth considering.
With patience, strategy, and consistency, affiliate marketing might just be your ticket to a comfortable and fulfilling retirement.
So why not spend $7 and 15 days to see if it’s right for you?
- Legendary Marketer 15-day affiliate marketing challenge. For $7 you can take a 15-day challenge to see if affiliate marketing is right for you.
- LisaReidmiller.com. Lisa’s guide to getting started with affiliate marketing.
- Blogging Fast Lane. We took this course early into our days of blogging and it taught us step-by-step how to set up a blog that converts for affiliate revenue.
- Read our article: What is Affiliate Marketing – And How Do I Get Started?
- Read our article: 5 Tips and Tricks to Make Money Online with Affiliate Marketing
- Find out: 5 Ways to Make Money from Home – Or Anywhere!
- Learn Why Gen X and Millennials Need to Learn How to Make Money Online